This recipe is super spicy, savory and healthy!!! And by healthy I mean lean, good for digestion (bc of all the spices), full of vitamins and fiber too! Eat up!
2 chicken breasts
2-3 large sweet potatoes, sliced
1 large apple (any type will do), sliced
1-2tsp kosher salt
2tsp dried cilantro
1cup homemade breadcrumbs *or to keep this recipe truly paleo, use seeds & nuts like, sesame, chia and pounded out almond bits for a delicious crunchy coating
1Tbsp garlic powder
1Tbsp onion powder
6Tbsp hot sauce
1/2cup olive oil
5-7 slices bacon, crumbled
1cup green onion, sliced
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Pound out chicken breast. Mix kosher salt, curry, cilantro and bread crumbs then use mix to coat chicken.
- Mix paprika, garlic & onion powder, hot sauce and olive oil in small bowl. Put sliced potatoes and apple in 9×11 baking dish and pour the liquid mixture over, mix thoroughly.
- Bake for about 35min or until chicken is cooked through. Stir potatoes and apple mixture every 10-15min.
- While baking, cook bacon on stove top then crumble and set aside.
- Let dish rest for 10min after it has cooked through.
- Garnish with bacon and green onion and enjoy:)
*modified from this recipe http://paleoleap.com/sweet-potato-buffalo-chicken-casserole/