- 1.3-1.5lbs ground bison (any lean ground beef will work)
- 1-2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4-5 mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tsp celery seed
- 1tsp garlic salt
- 1tsp ground pepper
- 1tbsp basil (preferably fresh but dried will work too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/4cup crushed flax seed chips (or bread crumbs)
- kosher salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees & coat deep baking dish (I use a bread pan) with a light layer of olive oil.
- Add olive oil to large skillet on medium heat and all chopped veggies. Then add minced garlic, celery seed, garlic salt & pepper. Simmer for 8-10minuets or until veggies are almost cooked through. (veggies should seem over spiced). Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add bison meat, 2 eggs, 1/2cup barbecue sauce, 1/4tsp salt & 1/4tsp pepper. Blend together.
- Add veggie mix to meat and blend.
- Put meatloaf mix in baking dish. Smooth, level off top and drizzle barbecue sauce on top.
- Bake for 50-60min.
*serve with Herb Asparagus & Potato with Chia Seed Mix Up