Apricots with Mascarpone & Pistachio
1-2 dozen Dried Apricots
1 cup Mascarpone
1 Tbsp Orange Zest (or orange juice)
2-3 Tbsp Honey
Handful of Pistachios, chopped
1) Slice the dried apricots half way to make a pocket for the cheese and align on serving tray (most dried apricots come already sliced).
2) Zest 1 Tbsp orange
3) In a bowl, mix mascarpone, orange zest and honey. Now using a butter knife, put abut a Tbsp of the mix inside the apricots.
4) Chop pistachios and lay out on a plate. Now roll the mascarpone stuffed apricots in the copped pistachios.
5) Mix a dash of lemon juice and about a Tbsp honey, now drizzle over apricots. (do this step right before serving)
6) Serve immediately or refrigerate for 3-4hrs. (the apricots may dry out a bit if you make them too far in advance)