These are more like a cross between french fry texture and chip texture. The coconut oil & honey glaze harden a bit over the potatoes which make the outer layer crunchy and the inside of the potato remains soft. So crispy, french fry would be a great way to describe this side dish or horderve.
- I highly recommend using parchment paper or aluminum foil over your pans so that the potatoes & honey don’t stick and for easier clean up.
- Set up a large plate covered with paper towel to soak up excess oil from potatoes in advance.
- Use a mandolin to slice potatoes. Unless you’re a pro check and you have the knives for making these 1/4″ potato cuts!
1 large purple sweet potato, sliced 1/4” thick
1 large sweet potato, sliced 1/4” thick
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
kosher salt to sprinkle
• Pre-heat convection oven at 400deg (the convection oven will automatically set itself to 375deg)
• Spread out potato slices on baking sheets. I needed two baking sheets to fit all my slices.
• Drizzle potato slices with coconut oil.
• Bake 15min, rotate direction of pans.
• Bake 15min, flip potatoes over and rotate pans again. *If they are drying out, drizzle a little more coconut oil.
• Put leftover coconut oil & honey in microwave for 30sec and stir to combine. Pour over potatoes (the mixture will be thin).
• Bake 10-15 more min and look for the edges of the potatoes to become brown and crispy.
• Take potatoes off baking sheet and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil & honey. Wait 5min to cool and transfer to serving platter.
• Sprinkle with sea salt for a savory flavor and serve!
Note: You can keep your final product in the oven on ‘warm’ if you need to wait 15-30min before serving. They taste great once they reach room temperature but they’re at their peak when served warm:)