*makes about 12servings (24 burrito bowls)
1-2lbs Ground Bison
8-10 small flour tortillas
1 can refried black beans
1 cup cooked farro (rice or quinoa will do)
8oz sharp cheddar, grated
garnish: avocado, tomato, yellow peppers
- Brown bison meat (I seasoned it with with cumin, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne & cilantro) and grate cheddar.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray cupcake baking pan with olive oil.
- Tear tortillas and press into cupcake molds.
- Add 1tbsp each of refried black beans, farro, ground bison, grated sharp cheddar and 1-2 jalepeno’s on top. (use in this order)
- *optional: spray edges of tortilla with olive oil, this will keep them from over baking
- Bake for 15-20min or until edges are crisp & brown then let cool.
- Garnish with chalupa, avocado, sour cream, banana peppers and ofcouse CILANTRO (my very favorite herb;))