These snacks are easily transferable and while they’ll work for all of us with busy schedules this list is especially made for all my friends who work in an office all day. Pick 2 snacks you like, get the ingredients you need to make a week’s worth of snacks and then store it all in your office’s fridge/pantry. Remember, the key to healthy eating in general is planning!
This list is filled with snack suggestions that have little to no dairy or gluten. I mainly stay away from the major food allergens simply because I’ve learned that my digestive system seems to function better without them. If you are curious about whether or not you have food allergies then try the elimination diet. Its what I recommend for those of you who are interested in a cleanse and will also help you learn about what foods your body likes to use as fuel for energy and healing and what foods are actually harming you too.
Back to snacks. Here is a snacking rule I want you to abide by: Wait 1.5-3hrs before your next meal/snack and nothing should enter your mouth in between those times (aside from water)! That is called grazing and it will keep the extra pounds on. So have a seat and try to consciously eat and enjoy the food you graciously have in front of you.
- Handful blueberries, 1/4 avocado (sprinkle salt and pepper) & about 5chips
- 1/2 gluten free pita with Spicy Lentil Hummus, cilantro & sliced cucumber (garnish with red pepper flakes and lime)
- 1/2 sweet potato w/ 1tbsp coconut oil, sprinkle sea salt :bake 2-3 sweet potatoes ahead of time for the week. Wrap tightly in foil and bake 400deg for 45min
- 1/2 banana, 1tbsp almond butter w/ sprinkle of 1tsp cinnamon
- Apple! quick, easy and timeless in the nutrition world;)
- Egg KaPow! boiled egg with dab of siracha
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh mango works well too)
- Latte protein shake My favorite fast snack for a fast paced day when I could use the caffeine boost!
- Caprese Salad: tomato, mozzarella, basil w/ salt, pepper, oil and vinegar
- Handful almonds and handful dried fruit (I like figs and apricots) Make 5 snack packs for your week ahead!
- Cucumber Salad, great for weight loss!
- Oatmeal sounds funny as a snack but its a great filler around 10am. Especially if you’re hungry and need stabilized energy to last throughout the late morning and afternoon.
- Great Packaged Bars: KIND, Lara, Quest
- Soup: –homemade curry pumpkin, split pea, minestrone or store bought butternut, tomato *pacific brand
- 4oz carrot juice *bolthouse farms & handful pistachios
- Green Tea w/ slice of fresh ginger, small orange and ginger snap cookie (great for an unsettled stomach)
- Things to scoop up with a good quality chip or celery, carrot stick, cucumber slices and snap peas go well with a lot of these options too.
- quinoa salad
- lentil hummus